Friday 22 December 2006

My Favourite Music of 2006

With the likes of NME and Gigwise compiling their top album/singles lists, I thought it would be a nice way to pass the time to create my own list of my essential albums that best soundtracked 2006 for me and more...

MY TOP 15 ALBUMS:
1. MUSE - Black Holes And Revelations*
2. YEAH YEAH YEAHS – Show Your Bones
3. THE KOOKS – Inside In/ Inside Out
4. CSS – Cansei De Ser Sexy
5. LARRIKIN LOVE - The Freedom Spark
6. THOM YORKE – The Eraser
7. THE GRATES - Gravity Won’t Get You High
8. ARCTIC MONKEYS – Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
9. METRIC – Live It Out
10. MYSTERY JETS – Making Dens
11. KASABIAN - Empire
12. RAZORLIGHT - Razorlight
13. WOLFMOTHER - Wolfmother
14. FLAMING LIPS – At War with The Mystics
15. HOWLING BELLS – Howling Bells

(Featured Album Art)
* = No surprise there

MY FAVOURITE "NEW BAND" OF 2006:
CSS/ THE MACCABEES
After lot of thought I couldn't really decide between these two. Thus I cheated and made it a tie between CSS and The Maccabees. With CSS hailing from Sao Paulo and The Maccabees from some corner of southern England their worlds and music couldn't be further apart, however their rationale for being my favourite new bands to emerge in 2006 are because of both bands' live shows, which are more like parties than gigs to be fair.

(Left: CSS, Right:The Maccabees)

Signing out, Anant!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger